Do you cut keys?

Yes, we have an wide range of keys from a cupboard key to the latest transponder keys and if it is a key we don’t have, we can order it in for you.

Do you cut car keys?

Yes, we have a large range of car keys and can also program remotes and transponders.

Can you repair car locks?

Yes, you can either bring the lock into our retail shop for repair or bring in your car and we can remove the lock and repair it for you. We also can come to you in one of our mobile vehicles and repair or replace the lock onsite.

How do I get a registered/restricted key cut?

Requests to cut registered or restricted keys are to be in writing and signed by an authorised signatory.

How do I change a registered/restricted key system authorised signatory?

If your signatories have changed for your restricted/registered key system , please email info@rechenberg.com.au and we will send out instructions and the necessary paperwork for completion.

Electronic Security

Do you require a security licence to install electronic security?

Yes, every Australian State and Territory has a requirement for security companies and individual technicians to be licenced.

What is Rechenberg Pty Ltd security licence number?

Rechenberg Security Licence Number 21987

Does my alarm system need to be serviced?

Yes the Australian Standards for Intruder Alarm Systems recommends the alarm system is serviced every 12 months by a licenced security provider.

What do technicians check when my alarm system is serviced?

Our licenced security technicians test the battery is fully charged and operational, (in case of a power fail, the system will continue working), test the operation of all detection devices (also ensuring there are no insects in an around the detectors), inspect all visible wiring for damage and/or deterioration (mice and rats being a common cause), test audible and visible alarm warning devices are operational, test that the system is reporting alarms direct to the control room (if applicable).

Will my alarm system work with the new NBN Network?

Some alarm systems may not be compatible with the new NBN Network, call our friendly team on 1300558020 and they will be happy to discuss NBN security solutions or email info@rechenberg.com.au.

Alarm Monitoring

How does my alarm panel communicate to the control room?

The most common way for an alarm system to communicate to control room (or monitoring station) is via the telephone line and is the cost of a local call.

Other than the telephone line, are there any other ways an alarm system can report to the control room?

There are fixed cost options using 3G networks or IP communication paths.

Should I have a password for when I contact the control room?

Yes, we do encourage either a site password or an individual password for each alarm system user. This way we know the person we are talking to is authorised to be onsite.

Do I need to tell the control room when I go on holidays?

Yes, please contact the control room and advise the length of time you will be away and any changes to keyholder contacts during this period.

How do I walk test my alarm system?

Notify the Rechenberg Control Room of your intention to test the alarm system.
Turn the alarm system on.
Wait for the exit delay to finish. (This can be anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes) Walk through the areas where there are detectors, open doors that have magnetic reeds, etc. (Be aware that the sirens will be activated.)
Upon completion, disarm the alarm system and contact the Control Room personnel to confirm the zones that alarms were received from. If using the premises telephone, it may take a while for the dial tone to return, as the alarm system may still be sending reports to the alarm receiver and this overrides other outgoing calls.

How can I prevent nuisance alarms?

Nuisance alarm is the term we give when an alarm system activates and it is not caused by an intruder. Below are some of the ways to prevent them.
Ensure people who have access to your premises are aware of the operation of the alarm system.Keep detection devices clean that there are no spider webs around sensors and no dust or dirt on sensors.
Ensure windows are closed so that curtains do not blow in the breeze.
Keep family pets out of areas that are protected by security sensors
Ensure fans and air conditioning units are turned off.
Do not hang items (eg decorations or posters) in front or near sensors.
Use insect spray to remove any insects from around the detectors, but do not spray directly onto the sensor.

How do I change an alarm system authorised signatory?

Download Security Signature Register PDF on our documents page, complete with the authorised signatories and email with a reason for the change of signatories to control@rechenberg.com.au or post to 7A Maryborough Street, Bundaberg, Qld, 4670.


How can I pay my account?

You can pay your account by cash at either of our offices, by posting a cheque to 7A Maryborough Street, Bundaberg or calling our office on 1300 558 020 with credit card details. Amounts over $1,000.00 may incur a 2% credit card fee.
You can also pay by direct credit to our bank account: Bank: NAB, Account: Rechenberg Pty Ltd, BSB: 084 571,Account: 74 286 9880, please use the invoice number as the reference.

Do your locksmiths and technicians accept payments?

Yes, you can pay via cash, cheque or credit card with any of our locksmiths or security technicians.

Do you accept credit card?

Yes, we accept Mastercard, Visa and Amex over the phone. Please call our office Monday to Friday on 1300 558 020 between 8:30am and 5:00 pm if you wish to make a payment. Amounts over $1,000.00 may incur a 2% credit card fee.

Can I organise automatic payment of my monthly monitoring?

Yes, we can take the stress out of paying your account and automatic direct debit your monthly monitoring fees from your nominated bank account or credit card. Please see our documents page for the Automatic Payment Authority Form to complete, sign and email to admin@rechenberg.com.au or post to 7A Maryborough Street, Bundaberg, Qld, 4670.